We consider that the planning appraisal is one of the most important and often under-rated planning services provided to clients.
A well-researched and prepared appraisal will set out in an easy-to-read format, the relevant opportunities and constraints applicable to a potential development opportunity.
Our Chartered Town Planners have a range of private and public sector experience, bringing to you many years of relevant experience in the production of well-considered practical and viable development proposals.
Working with our in-house Surveyors and Cost Consultants, we ensure that appraisals are robustly prepared and provide a clear strategy to achieve clients' goals.
Our planning appraisals cover all of the relevant issues, with the core services as follows:
- Identifying planning policies relevant to a site and/or proposal.
- Review of planning history.
- Establishment of existing/lawful uses.
- Site assessment to identify planning opportunities and constraints;
- Multi-site appraisals to consider a range of sites – e.g. portfolios.
- Overview appraisal, identifying key issues.
- Comprehensive appraisal covering all planning considerations.
- Due diligence reports prior to purchase.
- Marketing planning appraisals to promote sites.
- Planning strategy advice.
- Expert Evidence reports (disputes over development potential).
- Provision of development briefs.