Our NRAC Registered Disabled Access Consultants have an enviable reputation for disability access training and disability-related seminars.
Our Disabled Access Consultants are regularly asked to train auditors and make presentations on aspects of the Equality Act 2010 and other disability access regulations. Training ranges from short sessions for CPD purposes, through to extended courses for access auditors and property professionals.
We do deliver our own Access Auditor Training Course, but are happy to design a bespoke training course to cover your needs. Previous commissions have included; Part M; Access Statements; Access Appraisals; Inclusive Design; The Equality Act 2010 and numerous specific Access Audit training courses, ranging from one to three days in duration.
We are happy to deliver our training courses or seminars anywhere in the UK. We regularly work in London and have worked as far afield as Belfast, Aberdeen and Snowdonia.
Our next Access Auditor training course is being delivered on Tues 6th June and Weds 7th June 2017 at our offices in Cheltenham. Click here for more information.
Our Access Auditor Training course
Designed to give candidates a sound basis for a career in access auditing, the course covers:
- The Equality Act 2010 and The DDA 1995 and 2005
- What constitutes a reasonable adjustment?
- Planning, conservation area and listed building consents — when are they required?
- Other relevant legislation: building regulations, highways, health and safety etc.
- Professional matters: insurance, ethics, taking instructions
- Building design features — what is good practice?
- Practical access audit exercise.
The training course develops, to undertake an access audit of all elements of a property, including its management and maintenance, using simple survey tools. Participants will be encouraged to produce their own access audit at the end of the course, which will be reviewed by one of the auditing trainers and NRAC consultants following completion.