We are seeking a highly self-motivated trainee to join our Access Team. The aim being for you to quickly develop to a sufficient level of competence to apply for NRAC membership with the opportunity to progress quickly from Trainee to fully fledged Access Consultant.
The Access Consultancy division is aiming to grow as part of our overarching business plan and we are seeking a highly self-motivated individual to join our Access Team, with the growth of the access division at the heart of these plans.
The role will be initially based from our Head Office in Cheltenham where full training will be given. Working closely with the Director in Charge of Access and Senior Access Consultant, the initial focus of your training will be shadowing the Director and Senior in their existing workload both on site and in the office, allied to both internal and external training courses. The aim being for you to quickly develop to a level where you can take on your own workload, nationally.
The focus of the training will be to rapidly develop you to a sufficient level of competence to apply for NRAC membership with the opportunity to progress quickly from Trainee to fully fledged Access Consultant which will bring with it improved benefits and rewards package.
The role will give you the opportunity to work with some of our most prestigious clients on a diverse range of buildings and environments across the whole of our business area and to all parts of the UK from day one.
Job Purpose and Scope
The Trainee Access Consultant is a key role within the team responsible for assisting the team to deliver access projects and grow the division in accordance with the company’s growth strategy. The role will involve conducting access audits and generating access guides for existing buildings and environments, the appraisal of plans for new developments, and the provision of more strategic advice to clients and consultants, working across a diverse range of properties across all sectors.
• Following a period of training and integration consistent delivery of fee targets and income generation.
• Following a period of integration and system training, support with projects, including liaising with clients, and project tender preparation.
• Monitor fee performance on a job by job basis and identify opportunities for project variations.
• Following initial training manage your own project finances including monthly invoicing.
• To support other members of the access team/marketing manager in business development activities.
• To be an ambassador for the company, growing genuine relationships with stakeholders.
• To proactively manage your own training needs in accordance with your Training Plan and CPD requirements – the goal to achieve NRAC consultant status.
• To work collaboratively within the access team and across other sectors of the business as the need arises.
• To be flexible and willing to work across all 4 divisions of the business where workflow dictates, in line with the 'one Evans Jones way'.
• Help to nurture and reinforce existing client relationships
• Achieve high standards of customer care.
• Assist your line manager in pricing and winning new work.
• Prepare and assist with Access Audits.
• Prepare and assist with Accessibility Guides.
• Prepare and assist with Access Appraisals.
• Assisting with business development, client contact, market research and attending client meetings.
• Participate in appropriate networking activities run both by Evans Jones and External organisations.
• In conjunction with our Marketing Manager develop your own social media presence to promote Evans Jones.
• Assist you line manager in producing marketing materials i.e. blog posts, vlogs, articles, social media, presentations etc.
• To identify opportunities for cross selling to other divisions of the business.
Product and Process:
• To adhere to standard company policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the company’s strategic goals.
• To assist your line manager in developing and maintaining electronic templates and mobile solutions for Access Products.
• To assist your line manager in developing new products and services.
• To be an IT champion and assist other staff members in understanding and using our systems and software.
• A high standard of Maths and English is required ( Min of 4 GCSEs C or above ).
• Construction based qualification.
• Disability awareness training.
• Knowledge of Equality Act.
• Direct or Indirect experience of disability.
• Working as part of a team.
• Experience of working in a property / construction business.
• Use of tablet based data collection software.
• Experience of working remotely and in a physical office environment.
• Completion of access audit reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Well-developed organisational and administrative skills.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure, and meet set deadlines prioritising where appropriate.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats, including telephone, email, videocall and in person with a wide range of people at different levels of seniority.
• Fully proficient in ICT generally including Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Zoom etc.
• Proficiency in measurement of buildings.
• Ability to be able to read and scale from construction plans.
• Ability to be able to read and understand construction specifications.
• An appreciation of Disability Politics.
• An appreciation of User Need.
• Ability to train/teach others.
• Great Presentation Skills.
• Understanding of the English Planning system and its application.
Interested in this role?
Send your CV and letter via email, telling us why you are the right candidate for the role. Your letter should be a maximum of one side of A4.