We are looking for a highly motivated graduate planner to join the planning team here at Evans Jones.
Evans Jones is a reputable practice of Chartered Surveyors, Planning, and Access Consultants. With our headquarters in Cheltenham and additional offices in Reading and London, we provide our services nationwide.
Since 1972, we have focused on markets within Gloucestershire, surrounding counties, the Thames Valley, the M4 Corridor, and London. Our business is divided into four divisions: Building Surveying, Project Consultancy (PM/QS), Planning Consultancy, and Disabled Access Consultancy. We specialize in Residential Development, Education, Leisure, and Care markets.
We attribute our success to our values of integrity, openness, fairness, and trust. Our dedicated team is committed to delivering the highest standard of professional advice, placing our clients and staff at the core of everything we do. With our knowledgeable consultants and strong local presence, we consistently provide excellent customer experiences.
Company Ethos and Values
Evans Jones is a well-established and progressive practice that not only embraces modern working practices but actively invests in and implements them. We believe that work is essential, but it should also be an enjoyable experience. That's why we prioritise creating a positive work environment by offering flexible working opportunities, sabbaticals, engaging social events, and a genuine willingness to explore any opportunity that enables our team members to grow, develop, and reach their full potential. We understand that supporting our team's personal and professional growth leads to overall success and satisfaction.
Job Purpose and Scope
The Graduate Planner plays a crucial role in our planning team, contributing to the management of projects that align with our company's growth strategy. This role entails providing support and assistance to the planning division, specifically in tasks such as preparing applications, conducting appraisals, performing feasibility studies, and engaging in appeal work. These efforts aim to facilitate the successful delivery of high quality service provision to our residential, public sector and commercial clients. As a Graduate Planner, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects spanning both public and private sectors within the industry.
- Following a period of integration and system training, support with projects, including liaising with clients, and project tender preparation.
- To support other members of the planning team/Marketing Manager in business development activities.
- To be an ambassador for the company, growing genuine relationships with stakeholders.
- To proactively manage your own training needs in accordance with your Training Plan and CPD requirements.
- To work collaboratively within the planning team and across other sectors of the business as the need arises.
- Support existing client relationships.
- Achieve high standards of customer care.
- Prepare and assist with planning applications.
- Prepare and assist with feasibility studies.
- Support with public consultations.
- Planning policy and reviewing post submission work including public inquiries and expert witness work.
- Assisting with business development, client contact, market research and attending client meetings.
- Participate in appropriate networking activities run both by Evans Jones and external organisations.
- In conjunction with our Marketing Manager develop your own social media presence to promote Evans Jones.
Product and Process
- To adhere to standard company policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the company’s strategic goals.
- To assist your line manager in developing new products and services.
Essential knowledge, experience and skills
• First degree or MScMA in Town Planning or relevant discipline, sufficient to meet the academic requirements for full membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
• A high standard of Maths and English is required A level passes at level C (or equivalent)
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Demonstrable interest in planning and an inquisitive mind.
• Self-motivated, using own initiative and able to see tasks through to a successful conclusion, including meeting challenging deadlines where necessary.
• Ability to be resourceful and able to research, gather and distribute information as necessary
• Full Driving Licence.
Desirable knowledge, experience and skills
• Eligibility for RTPI/RICS (Planning) Full Membership.
• Outline understanding of planning policy/emerging policy
• Experience of non-work-related complimentary activities professional /non-professional organisations, voluntary services.
• 1-2 years post qualification relevant experience.
• Experience of working remotely and in a physical office environment.
• Proficient in ICT, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom etc.
Interested in this role?
Please send a CV and letter setting out why you would be right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org your letter should be a maximum of 1 side A4.