The role will be client facing immediately and should expect a varied workload of dilapidations claims, pre-acquisition surveys (mainly commercial) and small-medium size project work ranging from schools, offices, industrial and medical environments.
This is an existing role which the incumbent is leaving after long service so there is an existing client base to service from ‘day one’.
You will be client facing immediately and should expect a varied workload of dilapidations claims, pre-acquisition surveys (mainly commercial) and small-medium size project work ranging from schools, offices, industrial and medical environments.
There may be the opportunity for Party Wall work although this is currently serviced elsewhere in the business.
Our work is concentrated in Gloucestershire, the Thames Valley and West London but we do work nationally so some travel should be expected.
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements and have all the necessary IT systems to accommodate this but as this role will involve mentoring Graduates, who are currently based in our Cheltenham office we will expect weekly attendance at our HQ in Cheltenham initially.
Job Purpose and Scope
In the Senior Chartered Building Surveyor role you will be responsible for management of junior staff as well as your own workload of project work, surveys, dilapidations work, generating new business opportunities, and leading client projects to support the growth of the company. The role will involve representing and promoting the Surveying department externally and internally, marketing activity and working effectively with key internal and external stakeholders, together with the day-to-day management of projects for our key clients.
• Consistent delivery of personal fee target as part of division target and income generation
• Manage projects, including liaising with clients, project tender preparation, client management.
• Generate new business in alignment with the business development strategy.
• To be an ambassador for the company - attending networking events on and offline, growing genuine relationships with stakeholders.
• To manage a team of professional Surveyors and graduates, ensuring consistency in the support being provided.
• Identification and acquisition of new business opportunities.
• Motivate, develop, and inspire direct reports to achieve their personal objectives and development plan.
• To proactively manage your own training needs in accordance with your Training Plan and CPD requirements Ensure that work undertaken by the team adheres to all company policies and processes.
• Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development, identify any gaps in skills, knowledge and expertise and help plan appropriate training programmes for your team.
• To work collaboratively within the Surveying team and across other sectors of the business as the need arises.
• Create and nurture professional, long term relationships with new and existing customers.
• To be aware of and deal with customer concerns and complaints when escalated.
• To manage and front up large projects within the team to meet project objectives.
• To identify and collaborate on any missed opportunities within existing client base
• Effectively hand over the new client relationship to the consultant who will service the requirement.
• Develop & co-host events to secure relationships with current clients
• In conjunction with our Marketing Manager develop your own social media presence to promote Evans Jones.
Product and Process:
• To adhere to standard company policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the company’s strategic goals.
• To assist Head of Department in developing new products and services.
• Professional Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS).
• Technically proficient in the core BS disciplines: Dilapidations; Contract Admin; Surveys.
• Evidence of continual professional development.
• Experience in similar role at management level.
• Experience of non-work related complimentary activities professional /non-professional organisations, voluntary services.
• Proficiency in Party Wall Surveying
• Experience of acting as APC Counsellor/Supervisor
• At least 2 years post qualification relevant experience.
• Private practice client facing
• Experience of dealing with projects of varying size and complexity in the commercial sector.
• Staff management
• Experience of Dilapidations claims for commercial properties
• Contract admin of commercial projects up to £1million value
• Commercial Surveys up to £1.5million value
• 3 or more years post qualification relevant experience.
• Experience of DDA auditing.
• Experience of working remotely and in a physical office environment.
• Potential for existing client base to follow you (in part or in whole)
• Residential Survey experience (high end)
• Education Sector experience
• Party wall surveying
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal & written communication, including report writing and presenting material to a range of audiences.
• Dynamic, ambitious and self-motivated, using own initiate and able to see tasks through to a successful conclusion, including meeting challenging deadlines where necessary.
• Proficient in ICT, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom etc.
• Experience running projects from inception to completion, including full client liaison, invoicing etc.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Experience of using computer systems/packages relevant to professional role.
• Public speaking, preparation of power point presentations.
Interested in this role?
Send your CV and letter via email to Ian Eggleton, telling us why you are the right candidate for the role. Your letter should be a maximum of one side of A4.