We are looking for an Access Consultant to join our Access team working to expand the division into new business and services.
Our work takes us all over the UK but we envisage you primarily working in and around London and the south east.
Your location is not that important to us and we are happy to be wholly flexible in your working arrangements but the you need to be happy to travel across the whole of the UK.
There is also the opportunity to deliver training courses to clients and fellow professionals for the right candidate.
You will also work with the Director in charge of Building & Access Consultancy to develop new business and foster existing and new client relationships.
Our clients range from small businesses to multi-national companies. You may be dealing with one site, or several hundred. The workload really is diverse and we see this as part of the appeal of the role.
Whilst we do audit large portfolios you can expect to work for; schools; hotels; pubs; museums; country parks; stately homes occupying brand new buildings to scheduled ancient monuments.
- Access Audits
- Design Appraisals
- Accessibility Guides
This is a client facing role so you need to be a great communicator both verbally and in written form.
You need to be self-motivated with good time management skills.
You will be given responsibility for delivery ‘day one’ so will need to be self-reliant with the ability to work, and make decisions independently.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Auditing large and or complex buildings and environments
- Design appraisals of large and or complex buildings and environments
- A detailed understanding of how the Equality Act applies to different buildings and environments
- Grasp of the client brief and the ability to change your approach dependant on the client’s needs.
- Construction knowledge – you must understand how buildings go together and how other, non-access related legislation impacts on your advice
- You must be IT literate, able to use all of the usual Microsoft Office software aswell as being readily adaptable to new technology. We use tablets to collect site data using a bespoke software package which you will need to use ‘day one’
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Preparation of Accessibility Guides for tourism and leisure businesses
- Preparation of Access Strategies and Statements for large and or complex schemes at both planning and building regulation stages
- Delivery of training courses and seminars to clients and other professionals
- Stakeholder engagement and working with Access Groups
- Expert witness experience
Ideally you will already be a Consultant Member of the National Register of Access Consultants or very close to becoming one.
A construction related qualification is also desirable although not essential if you can demonstrate good construction knowledge.
Full training will be given on the use of our bespoke reporting software.
We are happy to support all reasonable training needs provided these align with the aims of the business. If you do not have a construction related qualification we would be willing to offer training to help you to get one.
Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Private Healthcare*
- Death in Service benefit*
- Car Allowance
- Sabbatical (after 6 years service)
- Laptop (full remote working available)
- Mobile Phone
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Non-contributory Pension
- Flexible hours/working arrangements.
*Subject to completion of probationary period
Interested in this role?
Please send a CV and letter setting out why you would be right for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. You letter should be a maximum of 1 side of A4.